Join our team as a Software Engineer (Intermediate / Senior level).
Where? Remote from anywhere in Europe OR at our Brussels office
We’re offering not just a company but a culture:
- Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce - businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020.
- We have been growing fast for the last 5 years - recently Deloitte has listed us among the top 3 fastest-growing start-ups in Belgium.
- We’re a team of diverse people who make things happen.
- Our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English-speaking work environment.
- Our mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. We bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing better client service and help them save on deliveries.
About the Team
“Think, try, fail, collaborate and grow as a better developer.”
- As a company, we believe that, sometimes, failing is the best way to learn and get better at what you do.
- We believe in the richness of collaboration and of diversity, for everyone to make an impact and work together toward a common goal.
- We offer a flexible and fun working environment with lots of autonomy and the possibility to grow as a professional and as a person. You will find an engaged team, where people share their joy for technology, ready to coach you as well as learning from you.
- For us, the culture fit is important as we want to invest in our people for the long term.
-Collaboration, Ownership, Innovation, Excellence & Sustainability are our core values-
Team size: 20+
About the position
- You will help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- We're moving our iOS mobile application to in-house development and you will help us scale and maintain it so it can continue to be used by thousands of drivers every day.
- You will work closely with the web application engineering team and product managers to define the how to the why and what of our product
- Our language: Swift
- Our main technologies: We have our apps natively built in Kotlin and Swift. We use AngularJS for the front-end and NodeJS for the backend. Our unit tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles, 3 weeks on specific tasks followed by a week of a cool-down period to work on new ideas/initiatives and prepare for the next cycle.