The Director of Marketing Services will lead a team within Rosetta Stone Education’s marketing department that brings together visual design, video production, photography and project management capabilities to provide comprehensive creative solutions and Program Increment (PI) Planning to serve the marketing teams.
This Director will assist the marketing teams to scale to meet the growing business needs, we put rigor and process around how we all work to improve effectiveness (including intermarketing, operations, digital marketing, creative services). Under your leadership the department will provide creative assets that enhance and promote Rosetta Stone Education on brand and on budget, as well as, align project planning to overall company’s Program Increment (PI) Planning.
- Partner with the marketing leadership team to set strategic creative direction to deliver on business objectives across audiences.
- Lead and manage a team of creative designers and traffic managers that implement marketing design and production.
- Manages the internal and external creation of marketing creative, ensuring that all creative work is of high quality, on-brand and aligned with our strategies.
- Oversee the management of a wide variety of creative projects related to the marketing strategy ensuring the group meets project deadlines, within budget and on target.
- Ensure a positive internal client experience as it relates to the completion of assigned projects.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to achieve desired results, providing subject matter expertise, leadership, and influence to gain alignment and support across the organization.
- Act as subject matter expert and spokesperson for the creative services group, communicating and presenting to the senior leadership team on a variety of strategies, including but not limited to: competitive benchmarking, industry best practices, and trade offs.
Specific Interim Assignment Projects (to be completed within 4 month assignment)
- Manage full-time designer and Traffic Coordinator.
- Mentor Traffic Coordinator and co-manage resourcing and planning activities for the marketing department i.e. creative projects (writing, design, traffic and production of marketing assets).
- Assist marketing teams with outsourcing resources of projects as needed to increase bandwidth and capacity.
- Assist traffic coordinator in the development of standard operating procedures for marketing services team:
- Set SLAs with other marketing teams.
- Assist traffic coordinator in the identification and roll out project management software to manage workflow.
- Manage roll-out & training of those processes to the teams and manage throughput/capacity for incoming requests.
- Develop and vet approved vendors i.e. writers, designers, producers and agencies. Negotiate pricing and SLAs.
- Manage the completion of Brand Book (style guide) for Lexia and Rosetta Stone education (in progress).
- If needed, assist in the hiring Jr. Designer
- Manage change of literature fulfillment center.
- Manage change of exhibit vendor (pop-ups and banners).
- Manage Q3 resource planning process.
- Provide effective guidance and coaching in a motivating, educational and positive manner.
Creative Strategy Development & Execution
- Develop the creative services strategy for the marketing organization, using subject matter expertise to tell the product story in a way that drives business revenue, influencing others to support it as needed.
- Analyze market opportunities and industry trends, applying knowledge to optimize and implement marketing strategies and creative content that engages customers and drives purchase intent.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing assets across a variety of domains, connecting the creative approach with business strategy.
- Select the right external agencies and freelancers, negotiating the financial responsibilities of all production expenses.
Operations & Process Management
- Own and drive the workflow process of content from initial review through to legal and corporate approvals.
- Predicts, plans, and manages resource capacity on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Manage the marketing creative services budget in an effective manner, providing accurate forecasts and recommendations for allocation of budget.
- Identify opportunities to drive day-to-day operational efficiencies to manage the creative services development & production.
- Collaborate with product marketing, field marketing, demand generations and customer marketing teams to identify areas for process improvement.
- Ensures all elements of a project plan and overall campaign are executed on time and on budget with appropriate compliance.
- Refine and develop new workflow processes and systems to better meet high-volume, high-quality creative.
- Leads external creative agency relationships, including: hands-on management of creative agency partners, ensure optimal resource allocations, develop agency scope of work and key deliverables, and lead all creative-related financial/billing discussions and tracking.
Brand Stewardship & Quality Control
- Develop and execute the establishment and maintenance of the Brand Marketing Guideline.
- Ensure that internal and external marketing creative adheres to standards with consistency.
- Ensure that all creative is compliant per all corporate and legal standards.
- Liaise with other divisions around the brand.